Tuesday, October 29, 2019

General Tsao Chicken



                     General Tsao Chicken



This Recipe I got from a friend. It was a life saver after a long day outside the house and was 
done quick. And soooooo yum. Give it a try. You will never buy this processed sauce again. (I didn't like it at all) I made double portion for mine but I will write the normal portion recipe here. 
It's up to you to prepare it upfront and freeze the half for later use. 


This is what you need:

- 1/3 cup Rice Vinegar

- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar

- 2/3 cup Water

- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce

- 1 TBSP Ketchup

- 2 TBSP Corn Starch

- 1/3 TSP Ground Ginger

- 1/4 TSP Chili Flakes

- around 6 Chicken Drums


This is how you do it:

Put all Ingredients in a big bowl and let simmer until it thickens. 

Dust the chicken drums with flour and pan fry it brown from both sides. Add the Sauce to it and let simmer on low heat for around 1/2 hrs.. 



Serve with Rice, Sesame seeds and spring Onions.

My friend made them in the slow cooker. She added the sauce after browning the Chicken and turned it on high for 2 1/2 hrs.. But I couldn't wait , soooo ;-)

Guten Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment