Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Pork Tenderloin with Pepper cream sauce



                Schweinelende in Pfeffersauce
               Pork Tenderloin in Pepper sauce



Pork Tenderloin is a very good, lean and expensive piece of meat. But people are scared to make
it because they don't know how. In the united states I have seen people making it in a whole. But
actually you can cut them in nice 1 inch pieces and then its a lot faster and you can control how
you want to cook it. In Germany its very common to make a good and exclusive cream sauce with
the expensive meat. I used to love the Instant Maggie Fix for that but its very hard, almost 
impossible to get it here in the united States. So I googled, found 2 recipes I liked, wrote them together and while cooking I adjusted it with some of my herbs. This recipe I came up with and I must say, it is very similar to the Maggie Fix I love so much. Here we go....


This is what you need:

- 20 gr Butter

- 1 small Onion

- 1 TSP dried black and white Pepper corns

- If you find multi colored Pepper corns, go for it

- 6 TBSP White Wine

- 2 TBSP Cognac (Hennessy, Remy Martin)

- 200 ml beef broth

- 200 ml heavy cream

- 2 TBSP dark Balsamic Vinegar

- salt, Pepper

- 1/2 TSP Paprika

- 1/3 TSP ground Piment

- 1/2 TSP smoked Salt

- 1/2 - 1 TSP Vegeta



This is how you do it:

Finely dice the Onion. On low Temperature, melt the Butter and cook the Onions until they are translucent. Add the White Wine and the Cognac and let it reduce for a min.. Then add the Broth and half of the heavy cream and let it simmer for about 10 min.. 

Add the rest of the heavy whip and all the spices. If the sauce is to thin for you, make a slurry with
Water and Corn starch. You also may filter out the onions to get it like a real smooth sauce. In his picture here I didn't but I like it better when the onions are actually out. It's up to you how you prefer it. If you leave the onions in the sauce, you may add the crushed Pepper corns now. For this just put them in a Mortar and crush slightly. Not to fine. If you don't want the Onions in, you might want to filter them out before you add the Pepper corns. 

The Pork Tenderloin I just cut in 1 inch pieces, push them down slightly, salt and pepper them and pan fry them for a couple of min on each side to get them a nice sear. 

Usually we serve Croquettes with this dish and some Vegetables or Salad as a side. You will find the recipe for the Croquettes on my blog. 

Guten Appetit








No comments:

Post a Comment