Saturday, April 2, 2016

Lasagne


                                            Lasagne





So here is the Lasagne recipe I mentioned at the Sauce Bolognese recipe. Please make sure that at this point you have seen the Sauce Bolognese post and prepared it. I will not repeat the recipe in here.
You need to do a little bit of reading and preparing work lol. Or like they said in the military: the 5 P's: Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance lol. 

Addens: Ever since I found the Miraculi recipe, I am just pan frying the meat, add a bit salt and Oregano and then a glass of my Miraculi sauce. It doesn't has to cook that long and tastes just as awesome. See my Miraculi recipe for that. I usually make a big can of Tomatoes and with this the double portion and freeze the half in a big glass jar. When I want to make something with the Miraculi Sauce, I just take it out of the Freezer. Even added this Bolognese sauce to straight Spaghetti is Heaven on Earth!!!!

I also started to make for everyone their own portion. So you can add stuff to yours your children don't like for example. Plus no mess on the plate ;-)

OK, thats what you need:

- Sauce Bolognese - see my post for this OR THE MIRACULI recipe

- Sauce Bechamel or white sauce 

- oven ready Pasta Lasagne

- shredded Mozzarella (and I added some Pecorino.  You can use Parmesan as well)



Sauce Bechamel what you need:

- 1/4 stick of Butter

- 1 1/2 - 2 TBSP Flour

- Milk

- Salt, Pepper, Nutmeg



First you make a Roux. Means, melt the butter and add the Flour and let it simmer for a couple of minutes so the floury taste disappears. Stir constantly. 





Then add the milk. You may add as much as needed so its getting a creamy but still liquidey consistence. Let it simmer so the Roux can thicken with the milk. Season it with salt, pepper and fresh nutmeg. At the very end you add a handful of cheese. 






Now its time to assemble the Lasagne. I like this oven ready Pasta Lasagne from Barilla. Its thinner, cooks faster and is more tasteful and original then the wavy Lasagne. 




In an oven dish, you start with a layer of your Sauce Bolognese, then a little bit of the Bechamel and then Lasagne. Next layer is again Bolognese, Bechamel and now you add a bit of Mozzarella and end it again with Lasagne. Make as much layers as you oven dish lets you but finish with a bit of Bolognese, Bechamel and a good amount of Mozzarella. There I added a bit Pecorino to it. 





Now cover the Lasagne with Aluminium foil and put it in the 375 degree preheated oven for 25 min.. After that time, remove the foil and put it in another 5 min. or til the cheese is melted and slightly brown. 
Turn the oven off and let the Lasagne rest for 15 min inside the oven. 







Guten Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment